Retail Sales Advisor
Supporting the Store Manager and a network of external employees, the Retail Sales Advisor is responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the store. You are expected to carry out sales activities, including contacting new and existing customers by telephone whilst providing an easy and effortless customer experience. You are also responsible for providing quotes, pricing and selling merchandise, whilst managing stock levels at all times. Administrative duties will form part of the role along with face to face customer communications and handling any complaints.
To be successful in this Retail Sales Advisor role you will have the following key skills:
• Deliver outstanding levels of customer service
• Address any customer complaints
• Support the team in maintaining outstanding housekeeping standards
• Support the team in delivering outstanding merchandising standards
• To be able to follow the relevant administrative procedures
• Support and participate with sales promotions both on and off site
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of face to face retail interaction
• To have experience in solving customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion • IT Literate, knowledge of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Excel.
Skills & Competencies
• To be customer focused and thus always put the customer first
• Be a motivated and driven individual
• To possess basic numeracy skills
• Be a great team player
• Full UK Driving Licence
The Retail Sales Advisor will work 20 hours per week (ability to flex up if/when required) between the hours of 13:00 to 17:00 Monday – Friday. In addition, there will be a requirement to work Saturdays 09:00 – 12noon.
Arco is the UK’s leading safety company, with a core purpose to keep people safe at work. We distribute over 170,000 world-class quality assured products and training providing expert advice, helping to shape the safety world and make work a safer place. With a heritage spanning four generations, family values are important to us. We have been awarded the title of ‘Superbrand’ by the annual initiative to identify and celebrate the UK’s strongest consumer and business to business brands in Britain.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
• excellent pension and life assurance scheme
• bonus scheme
• high street retailer discount scheme
• a bike scheme, through our network of dealers
• health purchase plan
• a computer scheme with great offers, including Apple Macbook Pro, iMac and printers
• 24 days’ annual leave + holiday purchase scheme
• Community Volunteering days – two days’ paid leave annually to volunteer for a project or charity that means the most to you.
Retail Sales Advisor Job Reference Number: JDPP0190
To apply for the role of Retail Sales Advisor, simply click the APPLY button, and follow the application form.