15 hours a week, over 2 days
Term time only (with a requirement to work 2 weeks during the school holiday period)
Withington Girls’ School, based in South Manchester, is a leading independent day school for girls aged 7 to 18 in which some of the best academic results in the country are achieved within a lively, happy and caring environment. A wide range of art disciplines are offered to our pupils including sculpture, ceramics, photography and painting & drawing and the subject is popular.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified Art Technician to work closely with the Head of Art and the Art team to provide technical support to art teachers and pupils to ensure the smooth running of the Art Department. This role would work two days a week, with another Art Technician working here days a week.
The successful candidate will have some experience of working in a school or relevant art environment. You must have a passion for Art, good computer skills, experience in using Art equipment/tools, and strong organisational expertise. Knowledge of ceramics and operating a kiln would be advantageous but full training would be given.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to build on your experience in Art an educational setting
- The opportunity to learn from an experienced team of teaching staff
- A warm and friendly school where staff are respected and feel supported
- Fantastic opportunities to get involved in the life of the School, with excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings.
- Opportunity to develop yourself, through continued professional development.
What we expect from you:
- Creativity in your ideas and your approach in undertaking this role are key
- A can-do attitude, willingness to learn from others and take initiative within this thriving department
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have excellent inter-personal skills
- Be able to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly in a very dynamic environment where hours worked are dictated by operational needs and very occasionally include some evening and weekend work
Further details of the role and application process can be obtained from the School’s website.
Closing Date: 12 noon, 29th June 2018
Withington Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.