Attendance Officer and Assistant to the Pastoral team
Attendance Officer and Assistant to the Pastoral Team
37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday.
There is flexibility with this role to consider term time only working (with a requirement to work 3 weeks during the school holiday period) or working all year round (with 5 weeks annual leave entitlement).
Withington Girls’ School, based in South Manchester, is a leading independent day school for girls aged 7 to 18 in which some of the best academic results in the country are achieved within a lively, happy and caring environment.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Attendance Officer to work with key school staff, pupils and parents to promote excellent attendance and reduce levels of absence. The role will also be responsible for developing and providing administrative support to the Deputy Head and the Pastoral Team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with relevant experience and a high level of personal drive and energy, who will be able to contribute to improving and building on our ways of working. You will be self-motivated, exceptionally well organised and a good team worker.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to continue to develop the role of Attendance Officer
- The opportunity to develop and implement new systems and ways of working with the Deputy Head and the Pastoral Team
- A warm and friendly school where staff are respected
- A supportive School Office team
- Fantastic opportunities to get involved in the life of the School, with excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings.
- Opportunity to develop yourself, through continued professional development.
What we expect from you:
- Proactively work alongside key staff and external agencies to promote whole school attendance strategies
- Effectively work with pupils and families to improve levels of attendance
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have excellent inter-personal skills
- Be able to keep calm under significant pressure
- Willingness to champion and educate others on the true value of our Management Information System
- Ability to work flexibly in a very dynamic environment where hours worked are dictated by operational needs and very occasionally include some evening and weekend work
Further details of the role and application process can be obtained from the School’s website.
Closing Date: 12 noon, 29th June 2018
Withington Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.