Contract: 2nd July - 10th August 2018
Nurses are essential for providing preventive services, identifying problems in the earliest stages and overseeing interventions and referrals as a way to foster health and ensure educational success. We are looking for approachable and qualified nurses to work at each of our summer school campuses.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Extensive professional experience as a qualified nurse
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) approved degree and current registration
- Advanced understanding of child development
- Knowledge of issues related to safeguarding of children
- Registered Pediatric Nurse
- Previous experience of school nursing
- Operating the nurse room on each campus during open hours.
- Filling out the medical report forms.
- Consulting and liaising with the Programme Director (PD) regarding the course of action for more serious matters.
- Adhering to the ORA medication protocol when administering over-the-counter medications.
- Logging any medications given to students into the medical binder.
- Providing an End of Summer Report and any recommendations.
This job would suit someone who displays the following key attributes:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- The ability to win the trust of students and encourage them to talk about their problems
- The ability to explore sensitive issues with tact, understanding and patience
- The ability to stay calm in an emergency
- Record-keeping and organisational skills
Apply for Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly