Abbey College Cambridge is an independent sixth form college that offers the very best education and boarding for international and domestic students, while boasting a central location and a new campus.
We have a dedicated team of academic and administration staff and are now looking to appoint a Receptionist/Office Administrator to join our team.
Responsible to: Reception Manager
Salary: £17,000 –20,000 depending on experience
Hours: 8.30am to 5pm
Occasional overtime may be required.
25 days per annum plus bank holidays, at times convenient to the college. Holiday restrictions apply from the third week of August to the end of September and the first week of every term.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Reception Manager in the smooth running of the College Reception
- Opening post and distributing to staff and students
- Receiving and managing incoming deliveries
- Answering the telephone and responding to queries
- First point of contact for visitors
- Take morning calls from students, and follow policy for dealing with student absence.
- Checking email, responding to general queries
- Sending post, ensuring that the franking machine is topped up with funds
- Filing/general photocopying and scanning
- To assist the Academic Team during exams season
- Escorting visitors and contractors around the building (ensuring safeguarding requirements are met)
- Preparation for new student induction
- Helping with school events
- Due to the diverse nature of this position jobs, duties and responsibilities may be changed at any time and therefore the successful candidate will need a good degree of flexibility.
Qualifications and Personal Development
- ICT experience, specifically with Microsoft Office
- Experience of working in a busy and varied office environment
- Experience of working in an educational environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience of SIMS
- Able to communicate professionally with all visitors
- Team player with ability to ‘think on his/her feet’
- Extremely well-organised
- Willing to undertake other duties within the college and work as part of a bigger team.
- Flexible approach to workload
- Act as an ambassador for the college and create a good first impression to all visitors
- An ability to relate to students from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure
The post holder is expected to work within policies and procedures of Foundation and be committed to its values and expectations. This includes promoting and demonstrating the principles of equal opportunity (including encouraging diversity and tackling discrimination) and sensitivity to the environment.Abbey College Cambridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an Enhanced DBS Check.
Application deadline is Friday 22nd June 2018 at 12 noon.