Subject Leader in Photography
Expiry date: 23:59, 24 June 2018
Salary: £28,350.00 - £36,756.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Teachers' Pension Scheme & 37 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a Subject Leader within our Photography department.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring teacher with an appropriate subject qualification and experience of teaching photography. You will have an innovative and dynamic approach to delivering the subject, as well as a good understanding of what is required to achieve the highest quality. You will not only be an outstanding teacher but you will have the ability to lead and co-ordinate others.
You will have a proven track record of supporting students who find the subject difficult. Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity towards a variety of learner needs and support the delivery team with a range of innovative teaching approaches to enable learners to reach their full potential within photography.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in traditional and digital photography.
- Holds professional qualifications appropriate to employment within the area of teaching.
- Has a first degree (or appropriate alternative for the subject area) in a relevant discipline.
- Can demonstrate the ability and enthusiasm to assist in the development of programmes of study.
- Experience of teaching A level Photography.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual Leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Subject Leader in Photography, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 24 June 2018
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.