LIbrary and Information Service Manager
Library and Information Services Manager
I am recruiting for a full time Library and Information Services Manager for a prestigious client based in Nottingham City Centre. This position is paying a full time competitive salary.
This prestigious organisation has a strong reputation in the East Midlands and has also won a number of awards. They have a range of clients both commercial and private across the legal practice. They are committed to continuous improvement to ultimately achieve success for their clients. They are committed to attracting and retain the best talent and therefore provide a great and supportive working environment and a fantastic and healthy work life balance.
You will need to be well organised, motivated with lots of drive, show lots of initiative, work well under pressure, be a complete team player with excellent professional communications skill and show a willingness to get involved across the whole company.
You will provide efficient and effective library service that is accessible and available to all staff in all offices. You will provide innovative ideas and suggestions to continuously improve the service
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Ensuring all books, journals and loose leaf titles are in order, and kept up to date and cataloguing new print materials added to the hard copy library collection
- Designing and running library inductions
- Helping to identify training opportunities for existing employees and new starters
- Liaising with suppliers for various tasks including ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Maintaining a good understanding and knowledge of relevant legal and business resources in order to undertake in-depth legal and business research to help handle a range of legal and business search requests including in-depth and quick turnaround enquiries
- Promoting resources and information services to raise awareness of what is available.
- Assisting with the compilation of current awareness reports.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of certain aspects of training so that employees have the expertise to research effectively using the services and systems provided
- Maintaining and developing the Library & Information Services Intranet page
- Adding new starters to all resources and ensuring they have been given the correct administration permissions
- Contributing to the review of Information Services processes undertaken to ensure the continued efficient running of the service
- Liaising with the Professional Support Lawyers where appropriate
- Working on projects relating to continuous improvement in knowledge management
- Contributing to the maintenance of Library & Information Services policies and procedures
- Working with colleagues to periodically review processes and procedures to ensure best practice
- Previous experience in a similar field and/environment
- Well organised
- Excellent communications skills
- Team player
- Flexible but professional in approach to work
- Enthusiastic and high motivated
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
60 minute lunch
35 hours working week
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
25 Days holiday + bank holidays plus flexible holiday scheme
Car parking pass or allowance
Health care including travel insurance
If you are customer focused, have a friendly and empathetic nature and interested in this position please send your CV (please include the role in the email subject line) or call 0115 9476326 and ask for Andy.
If you have not received a response within 72 hours your CV has not been selected