Training & Competence Graduate Trainee / L&D Trainee
Job Title: Training & Competence Graduate Trainee
Salary: Competitive with an excellent benefits package
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company has been in business since 1742. Looking forward has carried them and their clients safely through many eras. They continue to move with the times, blending new ideas and the latest technology with their long-standing investment experience and constant values.
The Company began life as a family business and is now is a FTSE 250 listed company, which through its subsidiaries is one of the UK's leading providers of investment management services.
Responsible ownership has been an enduring strength. Many of our employees are also shareholders; being part of Company is more than a job for them.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate trainee to join their Training & Competence team based in Liverpool, to assist with the management of The Company's Training & Competence (T&C) schemes. The T&C schemes take into account the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) requirements which include:
- Assessing the initial and ongoing competence of our investment professionals and other FCA certified employees
- Ensuring that regulated employees attain appropriate qualifications
- Managing records to demonstrate the above and comprehensive evidence of supervision
This is a graduate development position which will include opportunities to carry out short term work placements with other areas of the business such as the Compliance and Risk teams. This will enable the individual to gain an understanding of how the different business areas work together in order to meet the regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Working with supervisors to ensure T&C assessment plans are in place so that employees are assessed as competent and relevant records are produced
- Assisting employees using CISI CPD and monitor CPD records and report progress as appropriate
- Monitoring Statements of Professional Standing (SPS) renewal dates and assist with new applications
- Maintaining SPS records on Chris 21 or Insight as appropriate
- Maintaining records of approved persons/certified individuals and supervisors on Chris 21/Insight as appropriate
- Maintaining and update T&C procedures to reflect relevant regulation
- Preparing FCA reports for review by T&C Manager
- Contributing to HR and L&D projects as required
- Assisting with the development of the T&C process
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- University degree, ideally 2 or above
- Wealth Management Qualification (or the commitment to achieve this within an agreed timeframe)
- Knowledge of FCA rules and Training & Competence requirements is desirable
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong reasoning and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration skills
- The ability to multi-task with demonstrable time management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills
- Flexibility to travel to various Company offices
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Learning and Development Graduate, HR Graduate, Graduate, Training Graduate, Training and Competence Graduate, Learning and Development Trainee, HR Trainee, Graduate Trainee may also be considered for the role.