Technical Coordinator - HGV mobile Engineer Service Advisor - HGV
Technical Coordinator - HGV mobile Engineer Service Advisor - Technical controller is required by a major trailer and HGV/Truck rental organisation to liaise with the Mobile Engineers to diagnose faults, source replacement parts, then send them out onto the client site to fix the trailers and agree final repairs in line with customer parameters in an office based environment via the telephone, also to book mobile engineers out to various jobs on client site.
ROLE: Technical Controller
BASIC SALARY: GBP28k to GBP30k
HOURS: 45hr week consisting of shift pattern: 06:00 - 15:00 / 11:00 - 20:00 Mon - Fri and 1 in 3 Saturday 08:00 - 13:00
- Must have a completed qualification in HGV maintenance, or equivalent to City & Guilds standard (Level 3) Qualification essential, or equivalent for example time served in the industry / highly experienced - OR have experience within the truck, HGV or Trailer sector but no qualifications.
- In depth knowledge of trailer maintenance requirements and regulations
- Minimum of three years experienced in a similar role
- Be able to problem solve effectively in what can be a fast paced and challenging environment
- Understanding of health and safety requirements
- Using existing skills in relation to heavy commercial vehicle mechanics, to liaise with the Mobile Engineers to diagnose faults, source replacement parts and agree final repairs in line with customer parameters in an office based environment via the telephone
- The client has a TEAM of mobile engineers and this role is also coordinating the work between the engineers and the trailers. booking engineers to go out to the trailers on the client site and doing the work on client site not in the workshop, so its scheduling the engineers to the various client sites to trailers and trucks to be fixed and carry out general maintenance
- Take a hands-on approach to the role, with a can-do attitude to effectively achieve the set targets and produce an excellent standard of work
- Lead MOT failure investigations