Retail Store Supervisor
The role of the Retail Store Supervisor is to assist the Store Manager with all aspects of running an Arco Retail Store and deputise as and when required. The role includes assisting in maintaining standards of service, product presentation and staff development with the primary purpose of growing profitable sales through the retail sales channel.
Other key requirements of the role include:
• Communicate with Retail Store Team members, customers, branch staff and Head Office effectively and on a regular basis.
• Assist the Store Manager in forming and acting on a Shop Development Plan.
• Lead and manage the development of Retail Store team to support the Shop Development Plan.
• Ensure all staff receive appropriate training.
• Assist the Store Manager with performance management of the Retail Store team.
Knowledge and Experience
• Previous retail experience at Supervisory level
• Demonstrable proactive sales skills
• Full and clean driving licence for visiting both existing and potential local customers
Skills & Competencies
• To be customer focused and thus always put the customer first
• Be a motivated and driven individual
• Be a great team player
Arco is the UK’s leading safety company, with a core purpose to keep people safe at work. We distribute over 170,000 world-class quality assured products and training providing expert advice, helping to shape the safety world and make work a safer place. With a heritage spanning four generations, family values are important to us. We have been awarded the title of ‘Superbrand’ by the annual initiative to identify and celebrate the UK’s strongest consumer and business to business brands in Britain.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
• excellent pension and life assurance scheme
• bonus scheme
• high street retailer discount scheme
• a bike scheme, through our network of dealers
• health purchase plan
• a computer scheme with great offers, including Apple Macbook Pro, iMac and printers
• 24 days’ annual leave + holiday purchase scheme
• Community Volunteering days – two days’ paid leave annually to volunteer for a project or charity that means the most to you.
Retail Store Supervisor Job Reference Number: JDPP0185