Personal Injury Fee Earner
Job Title: RTA Non Portal Fee Earner
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
The Company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. Established in 2000 and they pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The Company is LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and is a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of them is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
They are currently looking for two additional non portal fee earners to join their Road Traffic Accidents department. They would expect the successful candidates to be either 1 year plus PQE / Cilex / or alternatively qualified by experience. Tenacity, ability and enthusiasm are more important than qualification. The role will be to manage your own caseload of predominately non portal litigated or intended for litigation fast track RTA matters.
For candidates they offer strong guidance, regular training sessions, weekly supervision, access to plenty of high quality non CMC work, manageable caseloads depending on experience and the candidate's appetite for files, and a genuinely friendly working environment. They also have a new roof garden, where staff can enjoy the sunshine and play Ping-Pong!
What They're Looking For:
- Proven billing track record of handling a litigated caseload.
- Genuine tenacity.
- A focus on advancing cases to and through litigation to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Ability to handle RTA fast track cases. Although predominately a non-portal caseload - the successful candidate must have experience of the portal.
- Knowledge of the civil procedure rules, precedent, trends in litigation, and an ability and willingness to utilise the same to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with litigated files from inception, through applications and challenges, to trial / disposal hearing.
- Knowledge of Proclaim case management system.
- Demonstrable willingness to take the more difficult course and to ignore the easy option, to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
The salary for this role will be £22,000 to £30,000 depending on experience. There is also an excellent commission structure, with no hurdles or caps and paid monthly in arrears.
8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday. They can make exceptions to this depending on the candidate.
Holidays & Benefits
The Company always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Fee Earner, Legal Caseworker, Newly Qualified Solicitor, Law Graduate, Junior Solicitor, Lawyer, PI Solicitor, Personal Injury Lawyer, Chartered Legal Executive, Personal Injury Caseworker, PI Caseworker, Personal Injury Fee Earner, PI Fee Earner, Solicitor will also be considered for this role.