Class 1 ADR Tanker Driver
Class 1 ADR Tanker Driver – Kent, Headcorn (Near Maidstone) - based on 50 hours
We are advertising for a company who are looking for Class 1 ADR Drivers to join their team.
The trucks available are all automatic MAN, DAF or Volvo tractor units.
The work is consistent i.e. it is a full time, permanent job, Monday to Friday.
About the role
The class 1 role would involve tramping out the majority of the week, although they do accommodate nights back where possible. They deliver both fuel and chemicals on behalf of their customers. Doing spot chemical jobs throughout the week with their UK wide customer base or local fuel collections/deliveries from the Grays area, their drivers need to be conversant in both aspects. If you are experienced in one and not the other, IT IS STILL WORTH APPLYING as they will consider training some individuals.
- You will need to have ADR classes in tanks
- Previous experience in fuel, chemicals or both
- You will need to be flexible
- You must be able to accommodate nights out
Outline of the work
- Start times for the week would be issued the week prior, outlining where you need to be and at what time by
- You’d drive into their Headcorn Depo, park your car securely and begin your weeks work, calling the customer/ transport team on arrival to your first delivery/ collection (all numbers and other relevant info. will be issued to you on employment)
- Your jobs will continue to be allocated to you throughout the week via the transport team, communication with them/ the customer is essential – any delays, issues or relevant info. needs to be passed on
- Pay is weekly
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays per year
- A pension plan is optional with your employment
- All drivers must fill up their ad-blue and diesel at the end of the week
This role involves travelling all over the UK, keeping on top of customers’ requirements, communicating clearly and in appropriate time, managing your driver’s hours and complying with the laws set out by the DVSA are all essential parts of the job.
They look after their trucks, and expect you to do the same. Safe and fuel-efficient driving is rewarded as is care of your truck, either with monetary bonuses or in the form of a newer truck when the fleet is updated!
Lastly, they are a family run company and proud of this, they have a more personal feel to their business and look after their staff.