Express Transit is a young, growing, family run business providing same day courier and dedicated vehicle transport services. Operating throughout the UK and Europe we have a reputation for excellent levels of customer service.
Using vehicles dedicated to their goods we assist our clients with a variety of transport requirements - we supply everything from small vans through to artics.
The Operations Assistant role requires a dedicated and client focussed individual to be proactive in fulfilling clients requirements, assigning drivers to bookings and helping drivers fully understand those requirements for each job. Having the ability to carry out a multitude of duties including internal admin is key to the success of this role.
- Set exemplary levels of customer service
- Flexible and responsive assistance to clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Understand client requirements, offering alternative options where appropriate
- Effective follow-up of all client enquiries
- PC Literate – Fluent with Windows and Microsoft Office packages
- Collection and sorting of all incoming mail
- Undertake records management tasks, filing and admin as required
- Must be punctual in attendance and sustain a working approach which is self-motivated
- Maintenance of CRM database
- Ensuring that job bookings are correctly completed and kept up to date through to completion
- Help maintain stock levels of office stationary and consumables
- Undertake any reasonable duties as requested by Manager
- A willing and enthusiastic attitude
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Display an adaptable and flexible approach
- Able to handle difficult situations well and to act appropriately
- Focuses on clients first and strive at all times to exceed expectations
- Team player willing to assist as needed to get the job done
Salary of £18,200 pa + bonuses + optional pension.
This is a great opportunity to join a small team that is growing fast. If you want to work for a company that you can grow and progress with and you fulfil the skills and requirements needed, then this is for you.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CV.... Please download our application form (attached). You can type onto the PDF by going to 'Tools' and selecting 'Fill & Sign'. Alternatively you could print the application form, complete and either scan and email back to us or post to us.