Here at Mears Group our vision is to make a positive difference to the communities we serve.
We do this by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives and our approach is based on the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community.
With staff of all ages and walks of life, a job with Mears has a rewarding impact on the lives of others and your own life. With offices across the UK, a job at Mears could be just around the corner.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our dynamic team based in Brighton.
Within this role, you will control the provision of an administrative support to the Project Manager, ensuring that all administrative procedures are being undertaken in total compliance with Company operating instructions and in a timely and accurate manner.
Liaising with the Project Manager, Site Supervisors, Team Administrators, Subcontractors, operatives and tenants, you will ensure all queries are dealt with professionally in a timely manner. Some main tasks you will be responsible for include:
- Investigating and responding to queries by telephone and email (internal and external customers)
- Scheduling & Re-arranging of appointments
- Processing work orders following operative & supervisor visits
- Processing time sheets
- Issuing work orders to subcontractors and operatives
- Processing of subcontractor payments and associated costing of work orders (including liaising with subcontractors regarding work orders and payments)
- Costing of operatives work orders
- Scanning & Attaching of documents to our system
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that you are educated to GCSE (or equivalent) level in English and Math’s and have experience of working to deadlines in a busy office environment. As this role is very heavily phone based, it is also essential that you have an excellent phone manner and are confident on the phones. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is a requirement.
Once you join the family, you'll have online access to a range of voluntary and flexible benefits, including...
- Training and development
- Long service and additional holiday leave - Colleagues who stay for a period of time at Mears are rewarded for their service.
- Seeing first-hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support
Mears Group PLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunities Employers
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.