My Client is looking for a IP services Manager to join their very well established team within Southampton.
Responsible for the quality of services delivered by and day to day management of the Patent Support Services (PSS) department (including EP Validation, Patent renewals and docketing functions).
- Active management of all aspects of PSS team function, suggesting and implementing improvements to increase efficiency / reduce risk / improve client service.
- Ensure sufficient cover across all PSS functions at all times. Organising the departmental rota and reviewing and approving holiday requests.
- Defining and maintaining the PSS process documentation. Ensuring process documentation is kept up to date and followed by all team members.
- Line management of PSS staff, including recruitment, training, development and motivation. Conduct annual appraisals for PSS staff.
- Actively monitor workload and the quality of work produced by the team.
- Responsible for IP records on Inprotech, including the recording of key dates / official deadlines.
- Providing weekly reminder reports.
- Management of key external suppliers, including (but not limited to) renewals and EP validation suppliers.
- Corresponding with clients.
- Any other tasks dealt with by the Patent Support Services Department.
- Assist other teams and the Trade Marks Manager when required.
- Attend meetings and carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of IPSS.
- In depth experience of managing an IP support function at a supervisory level, ideally gained within an IP attorney firm.
- Demonstrable delivery and commitment to quality of service, along with the desire to continually seek further improvement.
- Excellent working knowledge of Patent formalities, ideally with CIPA and/or CITMA Administrator`s Certificate.
- In depth understanding of:
- IP portfolio management systems (ideally Inprotech), including some exposure to the maintenance of underlying rules within these.
- Document management systems (ideally iManage).
- Thorough understanding of the inherent risks within the management of IP and strategies to mitigate these.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including to contacts within key client accounts.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- A positive attitude and the ability to lead and motivate a team effectively to deliver a high performance / high quality service.
- Experience in project work, including the implementation of new services, new IT systems and process change across a firm.
- Ability to think outside the box and see consequential impact across the firm and on clients.
- Ability to work with confidentiality and discretion.
If interested please apply or call Billy at Brook Street on 02380 236304