Part-time Travel and Accommodation Administrator and General Finance Assistant
- Part Time
15 hours per week: Monday - Friday 09.30 am - 12.30 pm.
Salary Grade 1B £15,721-£16,654 (Pro-rata £6,373-£6,751) per annum, depending on experience.
The Marine Biological Association (MBA www.mba.ac.uk ) is one of the UK’s leading marine science research institutes. The MBA is seeking to appoint a Travel and Accommodation Administrator and General Finance Assistant at its Citadel Hill Laboratory in Plymouth. This is a part-time position at 15 hours per week.
To arrange and book travel and accommodation for all staff in a timely manner and to produce an itinerary. To assist generally in the Finance Team with the provision of an effective all round accounts and finance service, under guidance from the Finance Supervisor
Duties and responsibilities:
- Arrange UK and overseas travel for all staff in a timely manner and produce an itinerary.
- Maintain travel email account / queries and requests.
- Maintain travel folder, including travel information and travel bookings.
- Send travel folder, including travel information and travel bookings.
- Send travel whereabouts emails to all staff.
- Maintain a schedule of Meetings, Conferences, Symposia & Fieldwork and provide monthly and annual breakdowns.
- Management of Oyster Cards.
- Travel money requests.
- Make ad hoc card purchases for members of staff, as required, providing details of purchases and forwarding receipts and delivery details, in a timely manner.
- Deal with ad hoc queries from budget holders.
- Assist with grant and contract reporting requirements, within the relevant deadline.
- Assist with Payroll processing, purchase and sales ledger and other duties as required.
- Assist with any queries arising from funding bodies or auditors relating to specific projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with processing expenses and other claims.
- Assist with bank reconciliations when required.
- Assist with payments to suppliers and staff in accordance with procedure.
The role is within a small team and you will enjoy a variety of work. You will be required to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, a positive attitude and an organized and methodical approach. Applicants must have:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a finance department.
- Experience of Sage Accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good level of computer literacy especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to work well with others and also independently.
- Accuracy, reliability and a willingness to learn new skills and procedures.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV with details of two referees to HR@mba.ac.uk quoting reference Travel and Accommodation Administrator and General Finance Assistant.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date: Wednesday 20/06/2018. Week of interviews: 25/06/2018. Should you have not had a reply with an invitation to interview by 25/06/2018 please assume that you have not been selected on this occasion.
Informal queries regarding the post can be directed to Janet Stack firstname.lastname@example.org .
Apply for Part-time Travel and Accommodation Administrator and General Finance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly