The CAD Technician/Technical Coordinator will provide support to the Facilities Management (FM) organisation in all the group’s activities. The role will support Project Managers through all stages of the project lifecycle, providing creative feasibility concepts, technical input and ensuring completed construction project information is stored efficiently and site information updated. The work will also include supporting the team in the development of a long-term site strategic plan.
Taking full ownership for the technical coordination of all Facilities Management documentation, both physical and electronic, the candidate will ensure site information effectively maintained, up to date and accurate. Working collaboratively with internal customers and the FM team the role will require providing technical input to ensure a compliant, right first-time solution to proposed infrastructure changes is achieved, ensuring the work is fully captured and documented.
The successful candidate will assist in the development of our Computer Aided Facilities Management package, incorporating new build asset integration, compliance conformance, End of Life strategic planning and preventative maintenance scheduling of all key plant and equipment. Taking feedback from the maintenance reports the coordinator will work with Technicians and Engineers to identify reoccurring issues and make improvements.
- Provide accurate 2D and 3D CAD based services to support the FM Group in maintaining and developing drawing based information covering multiple disciplines on site.
- Work with Engineers, Contractors, internal customers and suppliers to develop, manage and maintain CAD based information to support the site operations and new projects.
- Active contributor in department meetings, providing technical support, progress reports and presentations.
- Review project information for compliance with standards and protocols.
- Implement best practice procedures.
- Manage and maintain CAFM information, driving value from the information held within.
- Ensure the technical delivery of CAD/BIM projects, ensuring efficient coordination.
- Interface with support service groups, i.e. IS, HSE&S, Testing Support, Global Communications.
Required Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum HNC Qualified in a relevant construction related technical discipline.
- Good understanding of architectural and engineering disciplines to co-ordinate AutoCAD drawings from other disciplines.
- Technical experience of working in construction related projects.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent working knowledge of current AutoCAD software package.
- Experienced understanding of M&E Services, HVAC Systems is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills, motivated with good planning ability.
- Experience in preventative maintenance planning desirable.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office suite, including SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Revit, Autodesk A360 and CAFM Packages highly beneficial.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently under general supervision.