We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring individual to match our passion in working with young children. Our aim is to ensure each child reaches their full potential within a loving, nurturing, safe and stimulating environment.
Our ideal applicant will meet the following criterias:
- Hold at least an NVQ3 in Child Care or equivalent or higher
- Experience of working with young children (0 - 5 years)
- Sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Sound knowledge of child development (birth - five years) and a good understanding of the needs of young children including those with special educational needs
- To work alongside the Nursery Assistant under the direction of the Room Leader, responsible for a group of children as a key person.
- To work as part of a team in a positive and proactive way to ensure the provision of high quality care and education for all children in the Nursery.
- To work in partnership with the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager (to be known as the Management Team) and the Room Leader and in partnership with colleagues, parents and outside agencies where appropriate in the interests of each child's welfare and well being.
- To foster the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of all children at the Nursery, including those with special educational needs.
To support the Room Leader in relation to:
- Observing, assessing and recording each child's progress
- Planning and evaluating play to meet children's needs and interests
- Working with children as appropriate to their development
- Working in partnership with parents
- Working with the team to ensure a smooth transition from home to Nursery, between rooms and from Nursery to school
- Drawing on the expertise of colleagues within the Nursery to prepare play situations for individual children
Salary: £19,000 /year
Job Type: Full-time