Environmental Services Manager
Environmental Services Manager, Saltburn, near Guisborough / Redcar
This post holder will:
- Ensure that the Company operates within the relevant environmental legislation and maintains good relations with the Regulators, North Yorkshire Moors National Park, Local Authorities, Local Community and other stakeholders.
- Provide early notification to the Company on proposed European Legislation which has the potential to affect the company.
The main duties are:
- Measure performance (KPI's) against internal and external standards.
- Building relationships and representing the company, internally and externally, as required.
- Using information from audits to make decisions on environmental issues.
- Using statistical methods to monitor environmental performance trends & act accordingly.
- Proactively anticipate the direction of new and future environmental legislation.
- Develop, write and deliver environmental awareness training.
- Carry out gap analyses to determine strategy for progress within the company.
- Lead, manage and control environmental audit team.
- Carry out environmental training needs analysis for all internal and external customers.
- Please note: This is only a brief outline and a full Job description is available on request
The Ideal Candidate:
- BSc Hons in Chemistry with Analytical Chemistry or another suitable degree or equivalent
- Diploma in Environmental Management, or working towards
- NEBOSH Certificate, or working towards
- Safety Auditing/Risk Assessment
- IOSH Managing Environment
- Have a good understanding of modern safety management techniques.
- Level 2 Skills for Life which incorporates: Numeracy & ITC or evidence of a GCSE equivalent
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages e. outlook, word, excel, project.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the "Apply" Button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Technical, Health & Safety Manager, H&S Manager, HSE Manager, Quality, Hygiene, Environmental Manager, Specifications Technologist, SHEQ, Health and Safety Officer, Manufacturing, Cleveland, North Yorkshire, Redcar, Guisborough, Middlesbrough