Transport and Logistics Manager / Fleet Manager
Job Title: Transport and Logistics Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Benefits: Pension, 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
The company is a leading Importer of Natural Stone and Porcelain Products in the UK; they are a family run business that has grown into a very successful and reputable company within the industry. They have 10 showrooms across the UK and are currently recruiting for an experienced Transport and Logistics Manager to join their busy team at their Monmouth Head Office.
- Line management of their team of drivers and logistics staff.
- Management of Health & Safety on site, creating a culture that is H&S conscious.
- Ensure fleet is fully compliant, managing planned maintenance through agreed providers.
- To manage driver hours, infringements, compliance and training.
- Provide direction that supports the Senior Management team in ensuring the Transport Operation runs efficiently and effectively with the ability to deliver great customer service.
- Ensuring effective communication throughout the Organisation.
- Identifying opportunities to further improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge of working time legislation, including tacho and driver hours - essential
- Excellent Organisational Skills- essential
- Excellent Communicator (Verbal and Written) - essential
- Experience within a transport environment - essential
- Experience in a customer facing role - essential
- Experience of team management - essential
- People management - Essential
- Computer literate - Essential
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements - Essential
- Knowledge of SAP - Desirable
Working hours are 8 - 5 Monday - Friday and alternate Saturdays 9 - 12, they are closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Your working week will be based on 47 hours.
In return, the company offers an excellent basic salary, a non-target driven environment with the emphasis on Customer Service, optional Pension Scheme, four weeks holiday per year plus bank holidays, which increases after a qualifying period, excellent working conditions and travel costs when travelling beyond your remit.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, Warehouse Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Operations Team Leader, Operations Coordinator, Fleet Manager, Fleet Controller, Fleet Coordinator will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Transport and Logistics Manager / Fleet Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly