£Excellent + generous bonus
Company vehicle (4x4)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contracts / Commercial Manager, perhaps from a Quantity Surveying background, to join a well-established, privately owned Building Contracting and Development business at a time when they are poised for growth. As the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for taking projects through from pricing to completion, overseeing the teams on site as well as being the main liaison with clients and subcontractors. This is a fabulous opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join a regional contractor specialising in Housing projects and Care Homes for private clients, and could offer genuine career progression for the right person.
Key Contracts Manager / Commercial Manager responsibilities:
- Identify potential contracts and follow up
- Complete and prepare PQQ’s (Pre-Qualification Questionnaire)
- Prepare and present tender documentation
- Deliver projects to a high standard, on time and on budget
- Brief project teams, contractors and suppliers
- Regular review of contracts, procedures and policies
- Negotiate contracts with sub-contractors
- Ensure resources are managed to meet contractual requirements
- At all times ensuring that site teams are working safely, to a high standard and with respect to customers
Personal Specification Contracts Manager:
- Construction related qualification such as a Degree, HND, NVQ
- Proved experience and full knowledge of contracting process
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experienced design and build Commercial Manager
- Member of CIOB would be desirable but not essential
- Contractually and commercially astute, with an understanding of how project and package P&L’s impact on finances
- A working knowledge of JCT Forms of Contract
- CSCS Card Holder
You may currently be working as a Project Manager, Construction Manager, Project Surveyor used to working on sites and ready for that next move.
If you live in Lincoln, Nottingham, Sheffield, Doncaster or Newark this would be an ideal commutable distance.