Health and Safety Trainer
Health and Safety Trainer
We are seeking to recruit a Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Training Development Coordinator reporting to the HSSE and Facilities Direct EMEA and Asia for the Applied Sterilisation Technologies and Laboratory business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and delivery of effective training, building and maintaining blended training systems and reporting on compliance. The role will support the delivery of high standards of safety performance by developing employee competence, knowledge and engagement to enable the regional business to achieve its HSSE objectives.
This position requires a personable, enthusiastic individual capable of adding value to our business through the creation and delivery of engaging and innovative safety training which achieves measurable learning outcomes.
The position will be based in Swindon with some international travel.
Core responsibilities include:
- Continually assess and monitor employee training needs and required HSSE competencies, determine appropriate learning objectives, training curriculum, delivery method, and comprehension evaluation.
- Develop and maintain matrix training plans by business technology, key job roles and functions.
- Develop the HSSE training curricula required to meet external and internal HSSE standards and legal requirements.
- Design and develop training content, materials and communications required to support induction, on the job, train the trainer, modular and face to face learning.
- Ensure that a comprehensive, interactive blended learning approach is established and maintained.
- Ensure that comprehensive, accurate training records are maintained.
- Plan, organise and support HSSE training events ensuring that venues, training materials, resources are available.
- Deliver HSSE training and other engagement initiatives that improve employee awareness, competency and safety performance.
- Support the effective communication of HSSE information and updates using internal intranet, newsletters, business publications and other forums.
- Develop and embed assessment of learning outcomes in to all training modules to confirm the effectiveness of the individual learning experience.
- Monitor and report on training completion, performance and compliance.
Education / Qualifications
- Recognised training qualification.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- Technician membership of IOSH or equivalent.
·2 to 5 years H&S training and delivery experience within an industrial environment.
·Good team working skills with ability to manage operational relationships.
·Highly effective communication skills; written and oral.
·Confident with the use of IT systems, e-learning platforms and software.
·Additional language/s desirable but not essential.