External Engagement Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
External Engagement Officer (two vacancies)
The North East Fund Limited
The North East Fund Limited (TNEFL) is the holding fund manager for the North East Fund–which will invest £120m in to SMEs (looking to start up or grow) in the North East Local Enterprise Partnership area. £20m of this funding is ring fenced for investment in the Durham Local Authority area. Funding has been provided by the European Investment Bank, the EU and the British Government.
The Fund is a direct successor to the £160m JEREMIE Fund, which invested in around 900 regional businesses between 2010 and 2016. Under the this programme, TNEFL will take the lead role in marketing activity, working with the four fund management firms who will invest the money, and actively assisting deal flow. TNEF will act as a signposting hub as well as a conduit between the fund managers, the local authority stakeholders and businesses seeking investment
The NELEP area encompasses seven local authorities (LA7), and whilst they will have no role in the operational management of the funds, they nevertheless have a significant stake in the success of The North East Fund. Their commitment will assist the Fund in reaching more businesses across every part of the region – driven by the objectives of TNEFL whilst also assisting in the economic development of each Local Authority area.
TNEFL will work with a range of public and private partners including Fund Managers and Local Authorities to ensure that businesses across the region are aware of how to access and apply for funding. Where the funds are unable to invest (either because the SMEs are not eligible or do not meet the commercial investment criteria), then the fund manager will refer the applicant to an alternative funding source (e.g. bank, business angels etc.). Both successful and unsuccessful applicants to the fund will be encouraged to access business support as part of the programme.
The External Engagement Officers will work with the Marketing Manager in the coordination, management, and promotion of the North East Fund’s engagement activities with stakeholders and regional partners (including the fund managers, Local Authority economic development teams, business organisations, venture networks, professional intermediaries, universities and other partners); They will also develop content for digital marketing purposes and participate in organising and managing networking events and maintaining databases and web pages. Activities will include:-
- Working with the TNEFL Marketing Manager to develop awareness of the North East Fund programme with SMEs, business support agencies, and professional intermediaries across the North East Local Enterprise Partnership area;
- Establishing close working relationships with partners and stakeholders (including the fund management partners) and building awareness with key audiences in the NELEP region and each of the local authority areas;
- Helping to organise events throughout the NELEP area and representing TNEFL at events hosted by relevant partner organisations;
- Liaising with Local Authority Economic Development Teams and providing regular updates on local performance;
- Sourcing and creating content for publication on the website and social media and delivering social media activities;
It is currently envisaged that one of the External Engagement Officers will focus principally on County Durham (and Sunderland), with the other liaising with businesses and stakeholders in the remaining NELEP area (Newcastle, Northumberland, Gateshead, North & South Tyneside). Regular travel within the NELEP area will therefore be required.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal (including presentation experience)
- Familiarity with the NELEP area;
- Experience in one or more of:- access to finance, business support, SME investment, economic development;
- Reasonable knowledge of social media and digital marketing;
- Reasonable flexibility to attend events outside traditional office hours;
- Driving licence
- An understanding of European programmes;
- Comfortable working as part of a small team;
- Networks in the relevant geographies;
- Experience of event management;
- Previous marketing experience;
- Access to own transport (mileage reimbursed);
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter (no more than four pages in total) explaining why the role interests you and what previous experience qualifies you as a suitable candidate. Please state if you have a preference to covering the north or south of the region.
Remuneration will be in the region of £30k pa
This will be a fixed contract appointment (2 years negotiable) – secondments will be considered
Pension scheme available
Applications to be received by close of business on Friday 22nd June
Shortlist interviews will be held in weeks commencing 2nd July and 9th July
The North East Fund Limited is supported by the European Union (through the European Structural Funds programme), the European Investment Bank, Her Majesty’s Government (Ministry of Housing Communities & Local Government and the British Business Bank) and the North East Local Enterprise Partnership. The North East Fund Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for External Engagement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly