Engineering Manager / Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Manager
Job Title: Engineering Manager with electrical bias
Location: Paignton, Devon
Salary: 30-45K depending on proven experience and on completion of probationary period.
Job Type: Permanent, no less than 42, flexible to seasonal business needs
To oversee all maintenance activities across the sites. Manage sub-contractor activity. Working as part of the team to allocate work appropriately ensuring all works are carried out in a timely, safe and legal manner.
Main Duties in detail:
- Managing all engineering and maintenance activities at all premises.
- Responsible for the engineering team and their effectiveness. Introduce KPIs and appraise team against these.
- Lead by example; demonstrating a "hands-on" approach to repair and problem solving.
- Carry out the necessary electrical work for the sites. Organise certification of installations as necessary.
- Oversee the completion of all paperwork necessary for QMS and good planned maintenance practices.
- Introduce safety procedures as necessary to improve safety- isolating machines, lock off of electrical boxes, etc.
- Manage all contractor activities.
- Maintain a schedule of all servicing of plant and equipment as required to satisfy Health and Safety and Quality Policies.
- PAT test all portable electrical appliances as scheduled
- Optimise resource usage where possible, by making improvements to plant and machinery and monitoring weekly utility readings.
- Negotiate the best prices for parts/ orders.
- Attend regular meetings with department heads to communicate progress and instigate continuous improvement meetings between engineering and production.
- Carry our routine audits of fabrication of sites to supplement scheduled planned maintenance
- Make improvements to processes to optimise performance of machinery or improve health and safety of staff.
- Introduce Lean techniques to reduce wastage and downtimes and eliminate labour reliance.
- Assess capabilities and skill/ resource gaps for the department and advise on training.
- Advise of capital requirements based upon machinery performance.
- Implement a spares stock system and manage the replacement of stock so that parts are available and stock is not excessive.
- Manage the readings for utilities at both sites weekly. React to any adverse trends and instigate improvements to reduce costs/usage.
- Risk assess maintenance activities, premises, plant and machinery. Introduce controls and paperwork as necessary to improve.
- Diarise necessary audits, certifications, checks and outsourced activities liaising with engineers and contractors to ensure these are delivered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this job role.
Candidates with experience of; Process Engineer, Engineering Manager, Engineering Coordinator, Senior Engineer, Engineering Coordinator, Engineering Consultant, Senior Engineering Advisor, Mechanical Engineering Manager, Electrical Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, HND, Maintenance Engineering Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Engineering Manager / Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly