We have an opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join the team based at our Chichester campus on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of £20,671 - £22,591 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As one of the Executive Assistants, you will act as PA to the Group Managing Director (Commercial) and assist the Clerk to the Governing Body by carrying out administrative tasks. This Executive Assistant role will require you to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and provide executive support including diary management, preparing meeting papers and secretarial support. Occasional travel to our other campuses will be required.
Our Assessor in Executive Assistant duties and key responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of secretarial and administrative services to the Group Managing Director (Commercial) and Clerk to the Governing Body.
- Provide executive services in drafting meeting papers, agendas and taking meeting notes.
- Assist the Group Managing Director (Commercial) with administration related to diary and email/inbox management.
- Assist the Group Managing Director (Commercial) with travel arrangements, including overseas travel.
- Arrange and support team meetings and ensure cross team communications.
- Process and administer letters and invitations for various events and meetings.
- Support the Group Managing Director (Commercial) to manage the Group’s stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Support the Clerk to the Governing Body to distribute the agenda and supporting papers for Corporation and Committee meetings and other Group/College meetings.
- Maintain and develop the records relating to the Corporation and Governors.
- Ensure information published on Group and College websites is updated regularly.
- Prepare the annual calendar of meetings, booking rooms, facilities and hospitality.
- Other administrative duties relating to governance and the functioning of the Corporation and Committees.
- Support and cover for other members of the Executive Support Team as necessary.
- Other duties relevant to the role including processing stationery orders, collecting/delivering post and providing reception cover on an ad hoc basis.
Skills & Experience required of our Executive Assistant:
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) and hold a minimum of 5 grade C’s or above, including literacy and numeracy
- Have experience of providing personal assistant and administrative support to senior management in a customer service environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of mail merge facility
- An understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 14th June 2018
Interview date: Monday 2nd July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Executive Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.