Asylum Caseworker IAAS Level 2 Accredited
I am recruiting for an IAAS Level 2 accredited Asylum caseworker, working for a leading asylum/immigration specialist based in the London City centre paying a salary of up to £30000.
Working for one of the leading and fastest growing providers of asylum and immigration advice and representation in the UK you MUST be fully accredited to Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme Level 2 (IAAS). You will undertake Asylum and Immigration casework and manage a specific caseload in relation to Asylum and Detention matters.
Your role will be to provide written and verbal representation, including advocacy in court for clients seeking assistance in the Immigration/Asylum law field in accordance with Legal Aid Specialist Quality Mark Standards and legal policy.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Responsible for providing advice and assistance to those persons with asylum issues and those detained at the various Detention Centres in the UK.
- Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
- Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters
- Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required
- Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration/Asylum law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
- Complete any other records in connection with casework in order to meet Legal Aid and IAS requirements
- Ensure that their work conforms to the LSC Quality Assurance Standards
- Fully accredited to Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme Level 2 (IAAS)
- LLB or Law related degree/diploma
- Experience of representing clients in a court of law
- Experience/knowledge of legal aid, immigration and asylum cases
- Comfortable managing multiple caseloads
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written with proven interpersonal skills
- Highly organised
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE SPECIFICALLY BEING LEVEL 2 IAAS ACCREDITED ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £25000-£30000 dependent on experience
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Monday- Friday 9-5 working hours
- 5 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To Apply please contact Jared at or call on 0207 200 5600
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***