Field Support Technician
A temporary, full time role has become available to work in Chester within a Government body as an Field Support Technician. The administrator will be paid at £14 per hour increasing to £14.
The technician will provide extensive administrative duties for a single officer or team, under direct supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Service and maintain the assets for all of customers, in accordance to the strategy laid down by the MLCSU IT Service.
- To be part of a team responsible for providing 2nd line support throughout the customer areas, including staff training and both remote and on-site support.
- To provide support for staff throughout the customer organisations, who are involved in the use of I. systems including networked and standalone PC's, clinical and administrative systems.
- Carry out second line support to end users
- To be fully conversant with PC operating systems to provide advice and support to the Field
- Support Team Leader in relation to system security and data integrity including the regular audit of all computer equipment and peripherals and updating of anti-virus software.
- To provide advice to staff on the purchase of suitable hardware and software for PC based systems following agreed standards.
- To assist other departments by giving technical advice and support within agreed terms of reference.
We are looking for someone who has had previous exposure to working within a similar role, dealing with administration and customer service on various levels, computer and communication skills are vital for this role, the successful candidate will need to go through security clearance, start date ASAP pending clearance and references.
If you are interested in the position please send an up to date CV through and complete an online registration at /gov-apply or contact the branch on 01512426106.