An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a progressive optical company that continues to invest in its people, equipment and R&D to service a global photonics market. The company has enjoyed considerable growth over recent years as it continues to expand its product offering to its globally based customers. As part of its expansion plan the business is looking to recruit individuals to complement its growth who can enjoy a career in an open but technically challenging environment. One such opening is within our optics manufacturing area where we are looking for a highly skilled individual to join us to support our business growth. We are looking for the candidates to possess the following;
- Good Interpersonal skills and being able to work under their own initiative or as part of wider team. Should be a good communicator with a structured approach to problem solving within a precision manufacturing environment. The person should have the ability to remain calm under pressure and have the analytical skills to deliver a successful solution.
- The individual should also possess good mathematical skills that are complemented with a good understanding of the theory of optics or having a general science background.
- Managerial or Team Leader skills are desirable having experience in leading skilled craftsman who manufacture precision optics in a modern environment.
- Computer literate being conversant in the Microsoft packages (Excel & Word in particular) as well as inspection software utilised in the manufacture of precision optics.
- Manufacturing Skills – the person must have good knowledge of the varying Optical manufacturing processes from Diamond Turning, Lens polishing and Prismatic polishing to deliver product, utilising various proven process techniques needed to manufacture complex precision optics in a wide spectrum of materials from the UV through the Long Wave Infra-Red. The person should have a deep understanding of tooling preparation and process design needed to deliver these precision components and where necessary work with the engineering team and customers to deliver a manufacturing solution.
This position offers variety and challenge in an environment where the prospective candidate can excel and grow. We are prepared to offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the correct experience and skills.
Apply for Prism Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly