Vitality, .Net Developer (VitalityLife), Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this .Net Developer role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
- 25 Days annual leave+ Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
The prime function of the role will be to support development, delivery and support of Digital Delivery products and working closely with the digital teams within the different business functions. The successful candidate must be also be comfortable acting as a design authority and be able to work closely with Stakeholders/Product Owners and a wide variety of internal and external technical teams.
The Digital Delivery team is a DevOps team, with all the roles needed to design/build and support our products. As such, the developer role will be required to support the Digital Delivery Duty Manager rota, supporting out of hours P1 incidents when raised by Incident Management and where necessary, engage directly with senior stakeholders and management team.
Responsibilities of our .Net Developer include:
- Provide development effort to Product team to build scalable and robust web and mobile applications
- Provide development support to Product team
- Able to utilise architectural patterns and recognise/advise against anti-patterns
- Work with Digital Architect to ensure architectural governance is followed
- Ensure all code/design meet internal/external technical and infosec standards
- Recommend and implement new software frameworks
- Ensure all Vitality products follow established best practise
- Support other members of development team such as Front End Developers and Quality Assurance testers
- Support Product Managers with estimating and technical insights
- Able to work autonomously
- Support DevOps team by extending DevOps toolchain
- Able to manage own priorities
To become our .Net Developer, you will have the below skills and experience:
- C# v4-7
- .NET v4-4.6
- ASP.NET MVC
- Web API
- Unit testing
- Sitecore v6.6-8
- AngularJS v1-4
- SpecFlow with Selenium
- Package management using Bower, NPM and NuGet
- Octopus Deploy
- Object-Oriented Design
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Responsive web design
- CMS development
- Design patterns
- Code standards
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Code refactoring
Working for Vitality as a .Net Developer, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Monday 25th June 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our .Net Developer please click ‘apply’ today.