CNC Operator / Turner / Driller / Grinder / Fitting / Hardening
Job Title: CNC Operator
Salary: £ 15 per hour, + shift allowance + overtime.
Job Type: Permanent, 37 hours per week
The Company is a world class dynamic company with a global reputation for excellence in the manufacture of large diameter anti-friction bearings. They are part of the thyssenkrupp group.
The Company is looking for CNC operators who are willing to use various work centres and even turn a hand to fitting jobs this is based in their Peterlee plant.
- Reporting to the Supervisor
- Making sure that jobs meet the required deadline
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Read drawings and edit CNC programs accordingly
- Setting up CNC machines
- First- off dimensional tests on new programs
- Feeds and runs CNC machines
- In-process controls using manual devices (gauges, micro meter)
- Problem- aware, active handling of CNC machines
- Evolution of own skills and techniques
The successful candidate must:
- Have a good maths ability.
- Be someone who is reliable, enthusiastic, hardworking, driven and self-motivated with a desire to learn.
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Be flexible to do paid overtime when necessary
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive under pressure
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Have a passionate and positive attitude with a willingness to learn along with a strong work ethic
- Have a good command of the English language
- Demonstrate good verbal communication with accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Have knowledge of Siemens Controls
- Have secondary knowledge of Fanuc controls
- 25 Days plus bank holidays
- Health Scheme
- Life insurance
- Share options
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this job role.
Candidates with experience of; CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering may also be considered for this role.