Paralegal / Legal Executive
Job Title: Junior Paralegal
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is an innovative, market-leading law firm who specialise in commercial debt recovery and litigation. Based in modern offices on the outskirts of Guildford with ample parking, there is a vacancy in their focused, but friendly, legal department.
To be a member of a team that provides a fast and effective computerised debt recovery service to their clients. In particular, to delight their clients by accurately and promptly processing their work and assisting other team members as necessary.
- To manage a portfolio of clients and increase the clients' recoveries year on year by:
- Innovative thinking when considering cases.
- Advising clients in an understandable way as to best action required to recover debt at a realistic cost.
- Increase the numbers of clients using the website.
- Assisting in increasing sales in the department by client retention, and extension into associated companies.
- Comply with the Company's service levels
- Advising clients upon debt recovery procedures.
- Preparing all necessary court papers quickly and accurately.
- Implementing action prompted by daily diary.
- Paying out all monies received promptly.
- Supporting other members of the team.
- Keeping client informed at all times.
- Accurate daily processing of instructions.
- Prompt response to all communications.
- Attending to post and diary on a same day basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Debt recovery law and procedure.
- Use of The Civil Court Practice (Training will be given).
- Basic working knowledge of use of a computer.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work in situations that can include time pressure, interruptions and other causes of stress.
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills.
- Good communication, both written and oral.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to retain sense of humour in times of pressure.
- Work within an office environment.
- Use of communication skills.
- Dealing with people on a one to one basis.
Complexity & Creativity
- Legal and procedural queries arise daily. Dealing with them requires use of initiative, experience, research of The Civil Courts Practice and the taking of advice where needed. Where helpful, attendance may be required at both internal and external training courses.
- Deciding upon and advising as to the most appropriate remedies for the situation having regard to the objectives of the client, the cost and their effectiveness.
- Obtaining clear instructions from clients who may not themselves have experience or knowledge of the law and procedures involved.
- Preparing for hearings and instructing agents as appropriate.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Legal Graduate, Law Graduate, Graduate, Legal Assistant, Litigation Assistant, GDL, LPC, Legal Executive, Legal Support Assistant, Law Graduate, Paralegal, Legal Executive, Legal Handler, Legal Secretary, Paralegal, Legal Aid may also be considered for this role.