Pensions Administrator / Pensions Reconciliation - GMP
Job Title: GMP Pensions Administrator - Fixed Term
Salary: £32,000 (Pro Rata)
Position: Full Time, Fixed Term (6 Months)
To provide dedicated administration support to the Special Projects Team in the completion of the GMP reconciliation project for in house and client funded LGPS GMP Projects. The role will involve reviewing and analysing pension data and carrying out pension calculations and revisions to update member records, communicating directly with members both verbally and in writing and reporting back to the project sponsor on progress.
The successful candidate will have to ensure that a quality, accurate and timely service is provided in line with the Company's key performance targets, Service Level Agreements and regulatory obligations.
- To handle key aspects of the GMP reconciliation process project including pension revisions, member communications, record updating, data entry and data analysis
- To produce relevant and accurate pensions calculations and to adopt a "right first time" approach to minimise errors and to produce high quality work, participating in initiatives for ongoing service improvement
- To utilise the various IT systems in use (Microsoft Office, ALTAIR, CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM and FISH)
- To support the team effort in meeting deadlines, as well as contributing to team initiatives and meetings. Also carry out any other duties commensurate with the post and where appropriate take additional responsibility when cover needs to be maintained
- Under the guidance of senior project team members, responsible for the administration associated with the GMP reconciliation project to ensure the smooth processing of all cases
- Prepare all documentation and supporting calculations in relation to project operational activities including the calculation of over and under payment of benefits
- Calculating pension revisions and preparing communications
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date with accurate data
- Ensure the timely completion of caseloads in periods of high workflow
- Keeping up to date with the changes in pension law and legislation
- Be flexible and be available to help other teams when required to do so
- Administrators work in a team and report to a pension specialist and manager. They are allocated specific case load relating to the project
- Actively support the Company's equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, as directed
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Previous multifunctional/all case type experience in the Local Government Pension Scheme Pension or Defined Benefit Pension environment and be full or part qualified
- Demonstrable understanding of, and practical experience in, the implementation of Guaranteed Minimum Pensions the application of pensions increase
- The ability to proactively plan, manage and review own individual daily workload using system reports as available to ensure on time and accurate administration delivery whilst managing expectations throughout
- Experience of liaising with staff, scheme members, employers, agency clients and external agencies whilst being mindful of the need to build the organisations reputation in the market
- The ability to work in partnership with managers and staff, developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate issues critically, but objectively, and to deliver solutions within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, along with the ability to deliver presentations to a highly knowledgeable client base explaining complex issues, and taking feedback, tailored to the audience
- Effective numerical and analytical skills, with proven capability in the use of Word, Excel (to a minimum of intermediate level) whilst maintaining a commitment to continuing personal and professional development
- Promotes positive behaviour through own actions and attitude with the ability to deliver solutions within a team environment and be a flexible and supportive team player
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of the Company's and the public sector's commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of; GMP Pensions Administrator, LGPS Pensions Administrator, Pensions Caseworker, Pensions Administrator, Pensions Reconciliation, Pensions Calculation, Pension Data Administrator, Pension Data Processor, Pension Administration Caseworker, Financial Services Administrator may also be considered for this position.
Apply for Pensions Administrator / Pensions Reconciliation - GMP
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly