9am-5pm Monday to Friday
£Competitive, dependent on experience
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced shipping clerk to join a small but busy Nottingham-based company that supplies essential oils and aroma chemicals to the flavour and fragrance industry.
You will be responsible for organising the importation of all our freight from around the world via sea, air, road and courier. You will also handle the processing of all the documentation and administration to ensure the timely delivery to our warehouse.
- To raise new purchase orders and to create new item cards/vendors details on the software system. Sending orders to suppliers.
- Checking all supplier sales confirmations, specifications and certificates of analysis against order agreements.
- Co-ordinate goods to be sent to ports in China. Group goods accordingly to achieve maximum cost-efficiencies and, working with freight forwarder, organise for goods to be shipped to the UK.
- Receiving of documents and emails regarding shipping details with invoices, packing list, bills of lading and DGNs. Checking all documents and setting up of shipping files, allocating documents against the relevant purchase orders.
- Ensure documents correctly comply with HMRC requirements including correct tariff code allocation.
- To liaise with shipping agents on a regular basis to ensure smooth delivery of goods and to build close working relations.
- Regular checking on the progress of all worldwide shipments to ensure timely delivery into UK warehouse, and to keep the team informed on progress.
- Liaising with the warehouse to arrange delivery dates.
- To resolve any issues and discrepancies with suppliers once goods received.
- Checking and processing of all supplier invoices, and recording on department spreadsheets.
- Previous imports or shipping or freight forwarding experience essential.
- A proficient level of numeracy and maths required with the ability to calculate weights and dimensions relating to drums/containers being shipped.
- High level of attention to detail, as well as possessing strong communication and customer service skills are necessary.
- Previous experience of using different currencies would be an advantage.
- IT literate with good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook).
Closing date Sunday 17 June.
Aromatic Ingredients, Unit 20, Little Tennis Street, Nottingham, NG2 4EL