Time-Lapse Camera Engineer
Job title: Time-Lapse Camera Engineer
Time-Lapse Systems (Hideaway Media Ltd)
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Job type: Full-time permanent position
Working hours: Monday – Friday
Holidays: 20 days (plus bank holidays)
Strictly no agencies please.
Time-Lapse-Systems (Hideaway Studios Group) are a leading provider of time-lapse and site monitoring solutions, as well as other specialist media. We provide services predominantly around the UK.
Although we work principally for the construction industries, we have camera systems operational for a broad portfolio of clients. From construction, demolition, residential, energy & utility building works to music, sports & leisure events, we relish working for hundreds of clients – big and small – from epic projects for global brands to smaller, one-off bespoke construction projects and special events.
Although every project is unique, our approach to every client is to always do the best we can and to deliver the best media possible, with considerable emphasis on quality and excellence.
We have a small but highly professional, specialist, dedicated and close-knit team.
We have a position for a reliable, committed and motivated person to join our ever expanding time-lapse team.
The role will consist of the build, installation, maintenance and de-commission of our Ultra HD time-lapse and site monitoring camera systems. You will have the fantastic opportunity to work on unique and fascinating projects, in some very interesting locations.
The job will be varied. You will be part office-based at our offices in Staffordshire, and you will be attending our clients’ sites around the UK and potentially Europe-wide.
Initially you will be working alongside senior technicians to receive specialist training. We are looking for someone who will learn quickly and grow rapidly within this role to be able to work collaboratively – as part of an effective team – as well as individually to manage their own time and work.
There will be plenty of opportunities for the correct person to develop and increase earning potential. Although qualifications, skills and experience matter – we are willing to train the correct candidate, and we put a great value on reliability, maturity, trustworthiness and the ability and eagerness to learn.
Would possess the following:
- Full UK driving license
- Reasonable level of IT skills
- Presentable with strong communication skills, liaising with customers and colleagues in a clear professional manner
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organised, reliable, self-motivated, with keen initiative
- The position would suit someone who enjoys a varied and busy day
- Some physical fitness is required as the work involves transporting equipment, installing fixing solutions and erecting our time lapse camera systems
- Awareness of good health and safety practices, with the ability to interpret and follow Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS)
Desirable but not essential attributes:
- Experience in electrics and/ or networking.
- A sound knowledge of DSLR cameras and photography equipment. This could be at a professional or keen amateur level
- Have experience in the installation of IP/ CCTV camera systems
- Experience working in construction environments
- Possession of a CITB CSCS card. Construction site accreditation is vital for working in a construction environment. (The accreditation, along with health and safety training, will be provided if not already in possession.)
- Possesses an IPAF card for operating MEWPs (cherry pickers/ scissor lifts) and safe use of harness / lanyards. (Training for this accreditation will be provided if not already in possession.)
- Possesses a PASMA card for erection of aluminium access scaffold platforms. (Training for this accreditation will be provided if not already in possession.)
Interested applicants should at first send an email with their CV and cover letter to:
Andy Piekarczyk, Technical Director
Closing date: Monday 02 July 2018
Strictly no agencies please.