Finance & Administration Manager
balletLORENT is an award-winning touring contemporary dance theatre company based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We are currently an Associate Company of Northern Stage, a National Partner of Sadler’s Wells, and are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year.
This is a new post to support the strategic development and growth of the Company. We are seeking a dynamic, hardworking Finance & Administration Manager with at least three year’s experience and someone who can thrive managing a mixed workload as part of a small but highly effective team. The successful candidate will lead the administrative and financial operations of the company to ensure that our company runs smoothly in order to help drive our large-scale productions, touring and participation programmes.
The successful candidate will have exceptional skills in financial management, report writing and HR; accuracy and attention to detail are key components of this role.
balletLORENT is a busy and ambitious organisation. A passion for your work and for the Company’s future development is essential.
This is a full-time post, but we would consider a job share.
Key Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Maintaining the company’s books of account (Sage 50 Accounts Plus Software), ensuring they are accurate and up to date, and that financial procedures are followed across the company.
- Producing timely monthly management accounts, balance sheets and cash flow forecasts.
- Undertaking monthly payroll; undertaking appropriate payroll and VAT returns to HMRC
- Managing and monitoring sales and purchase ledger.
- Preparation of year end accounts for submission to the company’s auditors; completion of Companies House and Charity Commission annual returns.
- Reviewing, monitoring, updating and issuing as required, with appropriate consultation, the company’s contracts with its employed and freelance staff; managing recruitment and appointment processes for all staff.
- Reviewing, monitoring and updating as required, with appropriate consultation, the company’s Staff Handbook and it’s HR and management policies, ensuring legal requirements are fulfilled, best practice is achieved and Arts Council England Conditions of Funding are maintained.
- Reviewing, monitoring and updating as required, with appropriate consultation, the company’s Appraisal system.
- Ensuring all necessary insurances are up to date and any conditions satisfied.
- Reviewing, monitoring and updating as required, with appropriate consultation, the company’s Risk Register.
- Management of office systems and resources, including the company’s IT requirements; management of the company’s offices, storage and other facilities.
- Managing building related requirements including revised contracts and utility services.
- Supporting the Executive Producer in their management of the company’s programme of work and relationship with its funders and fundraising, to include contracting, statistical analysis, returns and reports.
- Management of and appropriate delegation to the Administrator, including carrying out an annual Appraisal.
- Acting as ambassador for the company at appropriate performances and events attended on behalf of the Company.
- Any other duties relevant to the post, as required by the Executive Producer and Artistic Director.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience of financial management including sizeable budgets, cash flow forecasts and management accounts.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint).
- Strong writing skills and evidence of report writing.
- Experienced in writing and maintaining HR policies.
- Experience in negotiating and developing contracts.
- Strong administration and IT skills.
- Experienced in policies and procedures relevant to a Company of balletLORENT’s size and status.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal communications skills.
- Experience of building relationships on different levels, with a natural ability to build new and develop and manage existing relationships with key stakeholders.
- A team player who openly communicates about your work and looks for opportunities to maximise integrated working.
- An ability to be proactive and use own initiative to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- An ability to multi-task.
- An organised and professional approach to your work.
- A calm, confident and friendly persona
- Knowledge and experience of the day-to-day running of an arts Company.
- A relevant degree or professional qualification that is relevant to the post.
- People management and human resource skills.
- Experience of Sage 50 Accounts Plus software.
- The ability and willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends and especially when on tour.
- Experience of updating web content.
- A genuine passion for the arts.
- Experience of charity governance.
To apply please complete the application form and the equal opportunities form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 27 June.