Outreach Advocate - Modern Slavery HEST65067
A truly amazing opportunity to offer all-encompassing support to people who have experienced modern slavery.
Due to expansion of our clients’ Pan London Modern Slavery Response Team Service, they are looking to recruit multiple Outreach Workers to work as advocates on behalf of clients.
Often you will read about teams being close knit however the team genuinely is like a second family, offering support to each other. If you need any support, you will find it with them.
Our client is the largest provider of support in London for anti-human trafficking and assist all types of victims, from individuals, single parents to families. Their work is very involved and they work very closely with immigration, social services, safe-guarding boards, medical professionals, communities and other charities and provide support with employment, housing, ESL classes and even media if a victim wants to tell their story.
This role will give you a great understanding of housing and immigration laws, legal support plans and compensation laws and practices.
- Experience or knowledge of providing advice and support to individuals who have been trafficked.
- Experience providing casework support to vulnerable clients, including crisis management and risk assessment.
- Awareness of the impact of crime on victims, witnesses, and the wider community.
- Understanding of the criminal justice system, immigration law, safeguarding children, and legal responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience of providing a co-ordinated service with statutory and voluntary services available for the client group
- Working knowledge of basic functions in Microsoft Office software. Experience producing correspondence.
- Previous experience of using computer based systems to accurately record work and client details.
- Willingness to be on call when needed
If you want to do an ASYE and you fit the criteria, then they will support you to join their existing programme.
In return our client offers a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
They are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Hours: 39 hours per week
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, on call for 1 week approximately every 4 months
Closing date: 24 June 2018
Interview date: 4 July 2018
About our client
They are a vibrant, London wide charity that has supported vulnerable adults and children at crisis for over 40 years. They empower people across the community to rebuild their lives, realise their potential and live fulfilling and independent lives.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.