Bid Support Co-ordinator
Arco: Experts in Safety are seeking a talented and eager Bid Support Co-ordinator with a creative flair for writing to grow and develop a career in our Bid Management team. As Bid Support Co-ordinator, you will be receiving and responding to medium value tenders from key existing and potential customers, many of whom are FTSE 250 companies from within the Heavy Manufacturing/Food Manufacture & Retail/Construction/Chemical, Oil & Gas/Public Sector/Utilities/Transport sectors.
No experience of bid writing is necessary as full training will be given, but you will require an aptitude for writing and crafting a compelling customer story and answering queries to deliver a high quality commercial proposition designed to achieve business wins. Therefore, the role will ideally be suited to a graduate of English Language (or similar) or a junior buyer/sales executive with a writing qualification combined with a basic understanding of the tender process.
• Completion and submission of Major Opportunity tenders in line with agreed processes (£250k - £1m)
• Managing any incoming tenders through the agreed Qualification Process and to an agreed completion
• Liaising and engaging with key business stakeholders to ensure that submissions give us the best winning but profitable, option
• Coding and pricing of customers tenders in line with agreed Sector and Customer strategy
• Create high quality compelling personalised Sector and Customer submissions
To be successful in this role you will need to have;
• A degree in English and/or writing qualification with an ability to create compelling written documents
• Demonstrable commercial understanding of pricing methods, and profitability
• Strong communicator to engage with all stakeholders
• Excellent IT Skills – Excel, Word and Publisher
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Competitive salary commensurate to candidate’s level of skill and experience
• Profit and performance related bonus scheme
• Competitive contributory pension scheme
• a bike scheme, through our network of dealers
• a computer scheme with great offers including Apple Macbook Pro, iMac and printers
• child-care vouchers
• continuous professional learning and development
• holiday purchase scheme.
Arco is the UK’s leading safety company, with a core purpose to keep people safe at work. We distribute over 170,000 world-class, quality-assured products and training providing expert advice, helping to shape the safety world and make work a safer place. With a heritage spanning four generations, family values are important to us. We’ve been awarded the title of Superbrand by the annual initiative to identify and celebrate the UK’s strongest consumer and business-to-business brands in Britain.
We are a family run business and all of our family have the ability to:
Think Customer: Deliver Our Numbers: Work Together: Make Things Happen: Open to Change: Effective Communication