Rotating Shifts 6am -2.30pm – 2.30pm – 11pm
We are seeking to recruit within our business Health Management Services Limited.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager you will play a key role in ensuring the efficient functioning of production shifts. Adherence to process control procedures and general management of production operatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage production staff in accordance with company procedures, including disciplinary and grievance issues in conjunction with the Production Manager and HR
- Through Supervisors & Team Leaders ensure pro-actively that all operatives are delegated work & receive the necessary training to achieve the tasks required.
- Ensure, on a daily basis, all available linen is processed as required to fulfil orders combined with meeting required vehicle departure times.
- Effective management and efficient usage of Utilities and Equipment.
- Consistently review production processing looking for ways and ideas to improve efficiency.
- Identify key personnel and proactively improve their multi skills knowledge throughout all operations.
- Establish operational urgency and direction by ensuring that all staff have key objectives , are aware of their performance against those key objectives and that regular (daily & weekly ) feedback is given to the staff regarding their performance
- Ongoing monitoring of productivity to help maximise efficiency
- Monitor product allocation in despatch to ensure customers receive their required products on time and in full
- Monitor to ensure special processes such as Customer owned product , Return to Sender (RTS) are completed on a timely basis
- Demonstrate effective leadership and control of the laundry at all times
- Drive productivity , efficiency and quality improvements across all aspects of the Laundry ensuring a high standard across all areas of performance
- To actively monitor and effectively manage absence levels of staff maintaining and analysing data as appropriate communicating with Supervisors , Team Leaders and members of staff , and ensuring the appropriate action is taken in conjunction with HR
- Coach , mentor and develop staff to realise their potential
- Maintain effective relationships with staff at all times and in line with Company procedures
- Complete appraisals for all staff yearly.
- Assist in the recruitment and appointment of Laundry personnel
- Work with the Management Teams to create a quality driven environment.
- Carrying out internal audits as required
- Liaison with Customer Services to address problems which arise through Customer requests
Health & Safety
- Employees to be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) , to ensure that the agreed Health &Safety training is mandatory for all members of staff
- Responsible for the appropriate Risk Management of Health Safety items & the necessary reporting of incidents, including RIDDOR requirements.
- To carry out risk assessments and to identify , implement and monitor corrective remedial action in the form of safe systems of work
- Maintain the welfare and security of Personnel
- Ensure all aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to
- Ensure that monthly Health & Safety meetings are held and minutes recorded
·To recruit, discipline and dismiss staff where appropriate
Requirements of the role: -
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following: -
- Ideally Shift Management /Operations Management experience
- Ability to work under own initiative in a fast moving and time sensitive Environment
- Have discipline /organizational skills
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams to strive to exceed performance standards
- Be a good Team player
- Highly results driven
- Health & Safety , Quality Compliance awareness and knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills & presentation skills essential for working with a number of internal & external stakeholders
- Be adaptable & flexible to a changing environment
The successful Shift Managers will receive
- A competitive salary
- Excellent company benefits – Pension & 25 days holiday
- Significant career progression
Apply for Shift Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly