£27,221 rising to £31,577 per annum
Permanent | Full Time
The advert closes on the 19th June, with a view to interview on 26th June.
The Together Housing Group is growing from strength to strength and is looking for an excellent Gas Engineer to join our team working throughout the Calderdale Region in our rented and voided properties. The post holder will be expected to maximise the use of their core skills to complete tasks in a single visit wherever possible. The work will be with the repairs team, so every day is going to be different, with some days having planned repairs, and others being totally reactive to our tenants needs. The post will be based out of our Halifax office, and expectations will be for work throughout all of Calderdale.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful post holder can expect their days to consist normally of:
To complete all types of gas repairs in accordance with job tickets, specifications & contract drawing.
- To complete work with an ethos of “Right First Time”
- To keep Health & Safety at the forefront of your work
- To carry out all work & duties with a high regard to customer care & satisfaction
- To carry out Risk Assessments where appropriate & to adhere to them elsewhere
- All other duties as requested, completed to a high standard
Key Skills and Requirements
The successful candidate will require:
- Due to the nature of the work, you will have to have as a minimum;
- ACS Accreditations (CCN1, CENWAT1, CKR1, HTR1)
It would also be desirable for applicants to hold:
- City & Guilds craft certificate in Gas Maintenance (or equivalent)
- DAH1, UDHW
- Certification in energy efficient (domestic heating)
Your work experience:
- You will be expected to have experience of installation, fault finding & servicing on domestic gas appliances & central heating systems.
- Experience of working in a customer service & customer facing environment.
- Experience of the ability to maximise the number of jobs that are completed in a single visit.
- Working knowledge & understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and how it impacts the way you carry out repairs.
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving license is required.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits include 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 year’s service) + bank holidays, attractive pension scheme and health care package, a company that you can progress your career in and a fabulous place to work.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
- Send a copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you apply via email please make sure that you have read the privacy statement before hand.