Assistant Support Worker
Assistant Support Worker
Salary: £17,007 progressing to £18,896
Closing Date Sunday: 17th June
Two Saints are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. They will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. They are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Role and Responsibilities
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and move towards independence? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
You will be working as part of a team to provide support to our homeless clients. You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
Day in the life of an Assistant Support worker:
· You will support clients by prompting and helping them to attend appointments
· You will encourage their involvement in personal progression in the form of education, training, employment activity or volunteering.
· You will help them develop their practical skills in areas such as budgeting, shopping, cooking and housework, laundry, health and hygiene
· You will work with external partners (such as colleges) to maximise the opportunities available to clients so that they can resettle in the community.
· Empower clients to achieve the outcomes they identify as desirable for independent living including involvement in practical tasks within the hostel such as basic maintenance/ room decoration
· Involve clients in the smooth running if the hostel environment
Key Attribute & Values
Previous experience in this type of work is not essential but you will have a real passion for wanting to work with homeless people. Your values will match ours, you will be committed to helping others and enjoy the real job satisfaction that this brings.
- Clear verbal and written English
- Good IT and keyboard skills
- Polite, assertive manner, ability to self -motivate
- Passion for working in a client/customer facing role
- Knowledge of the benefits system and tenancy legislation
- Have an interest and genuine concern for homelessness and related issues
- Knowledge of voluntary and statutory agencies
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
Two Saints will shortlist from the details contained in your cover letter so it is essential that you ensure this is a supporting statement which outlines your suitability for the post as detailed in the person specification
You will be directed to Two Saints career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
NO CV’s – NO AGENCIES