Senior Quantity Surveyor
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail team to work in Exeter
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare and implement a project specific commercial strategy to ensure robust Cost Management and production of Project Monthly Reports in accordance with the BB Rail Reporting timetable.
- Ensure Measure and Value is accurately and auditably measured in a timely manner to comply with financial guidelines.
- Ensure robust Cost Control & Budget Management through the implementation of commercial review processes in accordance with the GMCE's and Commercial Manual monitored via commercial dashboards.
- Ensure contemporary Record Keeping is undertaken by the Project/Contract and are organised to enable retrieval and access as defined by the conditions of contract.
- Produce and maintain "First Principle" detailed Forecast Cost to Completion underpinned by a fully resourced programme in accordance with GMCE requirements.
Who we're looking for
- Substantial previous experience in Quantity Surveying obtained in a similar,relevant environment.
- Experience of financial and commercial control within a project environment
- An understanding of Contract Law and Insurances
- A detailed knowledge of differing standard forms of contract
- A working knowledge of risk management
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.