Head of Quality Assurance
Head of Quality Assurance
Award-winning pharmaceutical group based in Corsham, Wiltshire
Our client produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services.
On offer is an unrivalled opportunity to join a successful, rapidly expanding company with a great team spirit. Due to early retirement, they are looking to recruit the position of Head of Quality Assurance to support the continued delivery of an exceptional service. This would be a great opportunity for an individual who has at least 10 years’ experience working within QA in a regulated cGMP environment who is experienced in leading and managing a significant quality assurance function. You will work with the team to continue to develop their capacity and capability so that they can continue to deliver their products to hospitals and patients homes across the UK and beyond.
The successful candidate should be a member of Royal Society of Chemistry/ Royal Society of Biology/ RPS (or eligible) with commitment to CPD and should have a Post graduate Quality Assurance qualification and/or equivalent. An EU Qualified Person/QP (IMP) is desirable.
The overall job purpose is:
- Driving the Quality Strategy to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations
- Leading the governance of the QMS and GMP compliance to manage risks and highlight key challenges
- Actively pursuing opportunities for quality improvement and promote a strong culture of Quality awareness within the organisation
- Operating as a key member of the leadership team to establish collective priorities and remove barriers to progress
- Managing and deployment of Quality Assurance resources to ensure both effective operational performance and maintain appropriate standards of cGMP compliance
- Managing the preparation, execution and follow through of GMP/ IMP Regulatory Inspections
- Performing the function of the main contact with the MHRA on the ‘Specials’, IMP and Veterinary Licences.
- Hosting and managing audits and inspections by clients as required as part of regulatory affairs
In return our client offers rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience, knowledge and skill set)
- 21 days holiday, increasing to 26 days with service
- Life Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Company Car, Laptop and Phone
- Additional non-contractual benefits including onsite free breakfast and fruit, and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of
Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an
unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero carbon status. This is a
fantastic opportunity to join a growing business which is well placed to capitalise on its
successful track record to date.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a covering letter and CV ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – Sunday 17th June 2018
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.