Clay Operations Maintenance Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Our client is the UK’s leading independent concrete building product manufacturer.
Due to retirement, they are now looking to appoint a Clay Operations Maintenance Engineer to join them on their Expanded Clay Aggregate Plant at their production site in Great Heck, Goole.
As their Clay Operations Maintenance Engineer, you will work alongside the current operations team being responsible to the Clay Operations Engineering Manager holding responsibility for the efficient and safe maintenance of the clay plant machinery and kilns.
A typical shift will be spent outside on the plant performing routine maintenance, inspections, planned preventative maintenance and project work.
You will also be responsible for:
- Daily plant checks and reporting of defects
- Keeping the kilns safe in all situations
- Planned preventative maintenance inspections and reporting
- Reactive maintenance
- Welding, fabrication and fitting bench work
- Project work
- Routine Health & Safety inspections and records
What they’re looking for:
- A good engineering background in both mechanical and electrical disciplines, with a willingness to learn and expand skillset
- The ability to develop a complete understanding of the theory behind the expanded clay production process
- The ability to fault find on the clay plant machinery and kilns using PLC control software and ladder diagrams
- The ability to use Windows based software to input maintenance activity records
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Punctuality, dependability and flexibility
- Physical stamina
- Telehandler licence
This position requires working on a continental shift pattern of 12 hour days and nights as part of a 4 person team.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email