We have an opportunity for an Associate Lecturer in 14-16 & Foundation Programmes to join the team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury campuses on a variable hours basis. You will receive a competitive hourly rate of £17.48 - £30.70 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Associate Lecturer in 14-16 & Foundation Programmes you will undertake teaching activities in either the 14-16 FreshStart provision, or Foundation Programmes, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
Our Associate Lecturer in 14-16 & Foundation Programmes duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Undertake and support the delivery of Maths, English and/or ICT.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration Maths and English development and equality and diversity.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College in a positive way for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Participate in student reviews and other relevant meetings to manage the achievement and attendance of students.
Skills & Experience required of our Associate Lecturer in 14-16 & Foundation Programmes:
- Hold a degree and have experience of teaching students with learning difficulties and disabilities, as well as working with young people with challenging behaviour.
- Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Working knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education, or a willingness to work towards is desirable
This particular role will focus on English and Maths. Other vocational and engagement skills will be an advantage.
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 21st June 2018
Interview date: Monday 9th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Associate Lecturer in 14-16 & Foundation Programmes then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.