Lecturer in Foundation Programmes
3 days left
- Part Time
We have an opportunity for a Lecturer in Foundation Programmes to join the team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury campuses on a part time, permanent basis working 14.8 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £20,671 - £36,287 (£8,268.40 - £14,514.80) per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Lecturer in Foundation Programmes you will undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
Our Lecturer in Foundation Programmes duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Skills & Experience required of our Lecturer in Foundation Programmes:
- Hold a degree or equivalent
- Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy qualification (or equivalent)
- Have experience of teaching students with learning difficulties and disabilities at Entry level
- Hold or be willing to undertake a relevant SEND qualification
- Have knowledge of the recent SEND reforms, Preparing for Adulthood and the Children and Families Act 2014
- Knowledge of the core curriculum at pre-entry and entry level
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a professional and innovative team dedicated to and enabling our learners to progress and achieve.
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 21st June 2018
Interview date: Thursday 12th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in Foundation Programmes then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.