Senior Development Chemist
New opportunity not to be missed! DCS Group has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Development Chemist to join the team based in Stratford upon Avon. You will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit a Senior Development Chemist.
The role will be based in the DCS Manufacturing Division where we provide a one stop shop from concept to delivery. At DCS Manufacturing we fly the flag for - promoting ‘MADE IN ENGLAND’ products. We are passionate about creating and developing exceptional and affordable products in Bath & Shower, Hair Care, Skin Care, Male Grooming and Pet Care
The Senior Development Chemist main job purpose:
You will deliver allocated NPD projects to regulation, on time, on cost, on quality, to brief.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Development Chemist role:
- Complete formulation of new products in line with targets agreed by General Manager.
- Reformulation of existing products for performance or cost benefits.
- Initiate the setting up, monitoring and recording of stability and compatibility records.
- Liaise effectively with raw material suppliers, ensuring that DCS have full use and knowledge of the latest materials and technology.
- Costing of new formulations and ordering of materials for formulation work.
- Preparing and packing off customer samples.
- To keep accurate records of all Laboratory work undertaken.
- Dealing with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Responsibility for the supervision of one or more Laboratory Technicians/Junior Chemists.
- Ensure General Manager is kept informed of the progress of all projects.
- Be a point of contact for internal customers (Commercial/Technical teams), supplying all necessary information regarding project status and developments as required.
- Build relationships with relevant customers and act as point of contact for technical queries.
- Exhibit commercial awareness of NPD projects, and communicate possible impacts to General Manager or Commercial/Operations teams as required.
- Ensure that products are safe and conform to all legal and customer requirements.
- Prepare all necessary manufacturing and Quality Control documents and the supply of all necessary finished product standards to Quality Control.
- Prepare Technical Dossiers (Product Information Packs) on all new products developed.
- Ensure the CPNP Portal is up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that all products can be successfully scaled up to production batch sizes by working closely with the Production and Blending Staff.
- Identify, prioritise and address potential improvements for laboratory practices as agreed by the General Manager.
- Ensure high standards of GLP, making sure it remains a clean, safe and efficient environment.
- Understand and follow SOPs and work instructions.
Our ideal Senior Development Chemist
We require applicants with a degree in a science-based subject, as well as 3 - 5+ years’ experience in cosmetics formulation, preferably within the contract manufacturing sector. The successful candidate will need an in-depth knowledge of materials, new innovations and technologies within cosmetics & toiletries and will have a proven record of success in product development from concept to shelf, delivering products within regulatory/customer restrictions, on time and within budget. Experience within a factory environment would also be an advantage as the successful candidate will be responsible for scale-up and full manufacture.
- Relevant industry work experience is essential for the role
- Takes direction well, and applies own initiative
- Methodical mind and attention to detail
- Good analysis and numerical skills
- Prioritising and Time Management ability
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to liaise effectively with a variety of internal networks
- Self-motivation and the ability to be flexible to change.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the Senior Development Chemist then please click “Apply” today!
Apply for Senior Development Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly