Senior Development Chemist
New opportunity not to be missed! DCS Group has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Development Chemist to join the team based in Stratford upon Avon. You will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit a Senior Development Chemist.
The role will be based in the DCS Manufacturing Division where we provide a one stop shop from concept to delivery. At DCS Manufacturing we fly the flag for - promoting ‘MADE IN ENGLAND’ products. We are passionate about creating and developing exceptional and affordable products in Bath & Shower, Hair Care, Skin Care, Male Grooming and Pet Care
The Senior Development Chemist main job purpose:
You will deliver allocated NPD projects to regulation, on time, on cost, on quality, to brief.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Development Chemist role:
- Complete formulation of new products in line with targets agreed by General Manager.
- Reformulation of existing products for performance or cost benefits.
- Initiate the setting up, monitoring and recording of stability and compatibility records.
- Liaise effectively with raw material suppliers, ensuring that DCS have full use and knowledge of the latest materials and technology.
- Costing of new formulations and ordering of materials for formulation work.
- Preparing and packing off customer samples.
- To keep accurate records of all Laboratory work undertaken.
- Dealing with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Responsibility for the supervision of one or more Laboratory Technicians/Junior Chemists.
- Ensure General Manager is kept informed of the progress of all projects.
- Be a point of contact for internal customers (Commercial/Technical teams), supplying all necessary information regarding project status and developments as required.
- Build relationships with relevant customers and act as point of contact for technical queries.
- Exhibit commercial awareness of NPD projects, and communicate possible impacts to General Manager or Commercial/Operations teams as required.
- Ensure that products are safe and conform to all legal and customer requirements.
- Prepare all necessary manufacturing and Quality Control documents and the supply of all necessary finished product standards to Quality Control.
- Prepare Technical Dossiers (Product Information Packs) on all new products developed.
- Ensure the CPNP Portal is up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that all products can be successfully scaled up to production batch sizes by working closely with the Production and Blending Staff.
- Identify, prioritise and address potential improvements for laboratory practices as agreed by the General Manager.
- Ensure high standards of GLP, making sure it remains a clean, safe and efficient environment.
- Understand and follow SOPs and work instructions.
Our ideal Senior Development Chemist
We require applicants with a degree in a science-based subject, as well as 3 - 5+ years’ experience in cosmetics formulation, preferably within the contract manufacturing sector. The successful candidate will need an in-depth knowledge of materials, new innovations and technologies within cosmetics & toiletries and will have a proven record of success in product development from concept to shelf, delivering products within regulatory/customer restrictions, on time and within budget. Experience within a factory environment would also be an advantage as the successful candidate will be responsible for scale-up and full manufacture.
- Relevant industry work experience is essential for the role
- Takes direction well, and applies own initiative
- Methodical mind and attention to detail
- Good analysis and numerical skills
- Prioritising and Time Management ability
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to liaise effectively with a variety of internal networks
- Self-motivation and the ability to be flexible to change.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the Senior Development Chemist then please click “Apply” today!