Communication Officer - Internal Communications Project
Our client within the Education Sector is looking for a Communications officer on a temporary basis to cover a project for around 6 months.
The individual we seek will be required to lead the facilitation and the implementation of an internal communications project so project experience essential.
The key objective is to improve the flow of information from individuals, teams and departments that is pertinent to business continuity. The project outcome will determine good governance and increased team morale.
- Assist in the facilitation and implementation of an internal communications strategy for academic and professional staff.
- To clarify the current position of internal communications and outline the steps required for a successful outcome.
- Understand the issues and pathways for resolution.
- To test various channels to facilitate internal communications with internal stakeholders.
- Launch the new intranet site to all staff.
- To be responsible for the internal communications project and its outcome.
- To liaise with key stakeholders, ensuring good representation to help deliver the project.
- To work with the communications task group using them as a steer for solutions.
- Work within specific timelines outlined for the project, meeting all milestones.
- To investigate and implement appropriate digital tools and platforms as part of the communications solution.
- Map out the digital platform in detail and assist in its development.
- Create buy-in and address the 'what's in it for me'
- Keep all stakeholders informed throughout the life of the project.
- Attend and lead/or assist all meetings with task group/stakeholders
The ideal candidate needs to fit the below criteria:
- Good first degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience of working in an operational environment
- Good and effective communications skills
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure to deadlines
- Understanding of a range of web-based, multimedia and/or mobile technologies and how they can enhance communications
- Able to organise and prioritise their own work
- A methodical approach to process; an aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Competency with packages such as Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Adobe
- Enthusiasm, good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative ways of thinking
- Ability to manage own workload with key priorities and tight deadlines
- Able to be part of a flexible team or work on own initiative as required
The pay for this position will be £10 per hour.
If you believe you have all the relevant skills for this position, please apply online or call Becky on 01522 528115 for further information.