Finance Manager / Accounts Manager / Credit Controller
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is one of the fastest growing railway companies in UK. Their central functions are supporting three divisions providing first rate service to their main client Network Rail.
The primary focus of the role will be to provide accurate and timely management accounts, group reporting, analysis and forecasting to both internal divisional stakeholders and the Group. Maintaining control of the divisional balance sheet at all times and alerting senior management of any risks and opportunities.
- Responsibility for production of the monthly management accounts and all associated group reporting for Freight. Assistance with wider Services divisional reporting.
- Verification of existence of WIP and completeness of accruals and compliance with accounting standards. Identification of risks and opportunities.
- The production of accurate and realistic budgets, forecasts and subsequent variance analysis.
- Review and improvement of key financial controls across the business to reduce risk and increase efficiency.
- Development of weekly and monthly analysis and reporting on financial performance to drive improved results.
The ideal Candidate will:
- Be qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a strong technical or management accounting base and relevant post qualification experience.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the business and influence senior stakeholders. The ability to explain financial information simply and concisely to non-financial stakeholders with limited/no financial training.
- Have a relevant degree qualification (2:1 or above) from a leading UK university and relevant practical experience within finance role(s) in a profit-orientated, privately owned company.
- Have the desire to work in a broad finance role working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to deliver accurate and insightful work under pressure to tight deadlines.
The Company values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of their aim to deliver quality services, they are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Finance Manager, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Coordinator, Finance Associate, Financial Controller, Management Accountant, Finance Specialist, Financial Executive, Financial Accounting, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller, Accounts Analyst, CIMA, ACCA will also be considered for this role.