Commercial Web Developer
5 days left
- Full Time
Commercial Web Developer - Canary Wharf
Reach Plc is looking for a seasoned full-stack web engineer to join our commercial team here in our Canary Wharf Head Office. As a Commercial Web Developer you will join a team which is fully submerged within our business, which works closely with our editorial, commercial and engineering teams in building and maintaining the systems which deliver advertising and other commercial components across our range of digital products. Our position is particularly unique, as to be successful within this position it is essential that you are a developer with a commercial gravitas.
Who we are:
Reach PLC is one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened our presence in the local markets. We're well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.
We need people with solid experience and understanding of full stack web development (Frontend UX and deeper application development) and ad tech.
Our tech stack includes:
- HTML5 + CSS3
- Grunt, Sass, Babel, Pug, NPM
- Mocha, Karma, Chai, Sinon, Nightwatch
- Jenkins, Drone, Docker
- AWS platform (ECS, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFormation...)
- Doubleclick for Publishers (DfP)
- Google platform (Tag Manager, Analytics, Data Studio, BigQuery…)
Other things we'd like to see:
- Unit and integration testing experience (TDD and BDD even better)
- Web application performance monitoring and optimisation
- A good understanding of ad serving concepts and ecosystem
- Use of DfP - via the publisher console and APIs, template and wrapper code
- Integration of 3rd party components and services
- Capture and use of data to inform product development (Web Analytics, Real User Monitoring, A/B and Multivariate testing, DfP reporting tools etc)
- Exposure to near real-time data processing; creation of reporting and data visualisation tools.
- Any experience with other programming languages (e Java, C++, python)
You'll have experience working within a web development team, ideally including the ad delivery functionality, happy to work on your own initiative, yet at the same time play an important role in ensuring the success of the team.
Ownership and communication are also key. We are looking for people who care deeply about the code they write while at the same time are able to bridge the gap between the technical and the business areas of the company effectively.
- Writes clear, well structured, and well tested code
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working.
- Happy to learn new technologies
- Can understand and empathise with business requirements
- Can-do, positive attitude, proactive approach to problem solving
- Persistent and committed to shipping great products, testing them quickly, and iterating from there.
- Good communication with internal stakeholders, commercial clients and suppliers.
- Educated to degree level (preferably CompSci, Maths, Sciences), or demonstrable commercial development experience.
What You Need To Know
Within this role you will receive a competitive salary including a strong bonus structure, which can be discussed at the interview stage.
You will also receive access to an extensive company benefits package including holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.