Engineering Buying Assistant
Up to £18,000 (Dependant on Experience)
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to our investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities, all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
With this in mind we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our Engineering Department to assist the purchasing team ensuring that all administrative functions are carried out accurately and within a set timescale.
Main Duties and Responsibilities would include:
• To deal with enquiries for special products as well as sourcing and placing orders.
• Liaise with Managers/Buyers to ensure pricing is correct at all times.
• Ensure that Confirmation of orders are chased and confirmed in a set time frame.
• To assist in keeping Nil stocks to a minimum and ensure that this is communicated effectively.
• To relay information received from suppliers to necessary parties.
• Progressing of orders and maintaining due dates, and report any delays which hinder performance.
• Dealing with supplier returns.
Experience & Skills:
• Experience in a procurement /supply chain role and an understanding of category buying
• You will be commercially and financially aware
• Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships
• Good multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Contractual terms and conditions experience (Desired)
• Understands and can apply purchasing strategy
• Good telephone manner
• Computer literate especially in MS Excel
• Company Pension
• Life insurance
• Perk box
• Employee discounts schemes